Sweet Affirmation


Now listen, and believe me, I am not just saying this because I'm your mother... You are the prettiest, nicest girl in the entire school, not to mention the brightest, and if you don't believe me just go look in the mirror. Don't worry...one day your ship will come in.

(Thank you, Vicki & Mike Sweet, for making sure I knew I was the brightest and the best, even in my own mind. As parents and human beings, you rock. Because of you, I am able to spread some of that love and affirmation around. Pass it on!)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowbound

I guess it was inevitable that bad weather would strike again. The winter storm raging here in the midwest has made travel for my parents impossible, and thus, they are stuck here in Chicago with us. Hooray! (I know, I shouldn't be so happy about flight cancellations, but I am loving the extra time with them.)

Actually, the weather is completely hideous: cold, wind blowing the cristallized snowflakes sideways, shifting snowdrifts every few feet, etc. This makes driving a serious pain yet necessary in the city, and makes us just want to stay in. Good thing we stocked up at the grocery store yesterday, before the blizzard hit, and are therefore sitting pretty in terms of meals, treats and drinks to keep us happy. I don't think the delivery drivers for our favorite restaurants would be feeling very happy with us if we called them today.

The kids are thrilled they get to watch so many movies, and read piles of books, and play imagination games, and just have gobs of attention from Grammy and Popa. They did go to daycare for a few hours today so that I could do some "work." God, I love working at home and wearing fleece and slippers and no makeup. It feels decadent!

Being a Sweet means loving fleece - wearing it, being wrapped in it, buying it, every bit of it. (Dear other Sweets, don't you agree? Isn't fleece the best?)

No comments: